Dear Valued Patients,
Our office is committed to providing care to our patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we also feel it is our responsibility to modify our practice procedures in order to stop the spread of the virus and protect the health of our patients and staff. As per the direction of Alberta Health Services, we are taking some necessary steps.
Please read the following page carefully:
• Please visit our website for up-to-date information as it pertains to our office hours, physician availability, and office procedure.
• To minimize infectious transmission risk, we will be wiping down examination rooms with medical-grade sanitizer after each patient encounter.
• We kindly ask patients to space themselves out within the waiting area; patients may be asked to wait in their vehicle until an examination room is ready depending on the capacity of the waiting room.
• Our office will attempt to accommodate patients for concerns of routine/less-urgent nature by telephone.
Our respective staff can be accessed at the following extensions:
Dial 1 – Dr. Ferrao, Dr. Yosefi
Dial 2 – Dr. Arcega, Dr. Caine, Dr. Forsyth, Dr. Penkman
Dial 215 – Dr. Salem
GUIDELINES FOR PATIENTS WHO THINK THEY HAVE COVID-19:
• If you are sick with mild symptoms (cough, runny nose, sore throat), stay at home. Follow the self-isolation guidelines of Alberta.
• If you have respiratory symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing) and you think you need to see a doctor, CALL FIRST, BEFORE COMING TO THE CLINIC.
• We are now equipped to perform COVID-19 swabs from our office. Please contact our front desk staff for further instructions. Swabs will be performed out of patient vehicles. Do not enter the office.
GUIDELINES FOR PATIENTS COMING TO THE CLINIC:
• If you have a surgical mask, or another way of covering your nose and mouth, please bring/wear it. If we have a supply of masks, we will provide them based on need.
• Wear gloves to the office and avoid touching your face.
• Stay two meters (six feet) away from other people and avoid touching surfaces.
SELF ISOLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE GENERALLY UNWELL:
Those ill with symptoms should isolate for 10 days following onset of symptoms, or until well (whichever is longer).
NOTICE FOR PATIENTS OF DR. SALEM:
Over the coming weeks, we are attempting to acquire email addresses for all of Dr. Salem’s patients. This will allow us to share important announcements about the practice in the future (holiday hours, appointments for specific weekends), in addition to the potential for launching other initiatives such as appointment reminders. Rest assured your email will not used for advertising purposes. Please send us an email (email@example.com) that includes ONLY your name and date of birth, as your identity is not always evident from your email address. Please be advised that our office email address is solely designated for administrative purposes, and is not intended for patients to convey sensitive medical information of any type. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation.
A virtual care module called Medeo Virtual Healthcare is now available for Dr. Salem’s patients during the pandemic. The app is available for all tablet and smartphone platforms. Patients will be required to create an account to access this service. Also note that virtual care is not appropriate for all health related concerns and patients may be asked to be assessed in the office.
GENERAL CLOSING COMMENTS:
• We continue to monitor information and recommendations from local, provincial, and federal public health units and will adjust our practices accordingly.
• Thank you for your patience and understanding in these challenging times.
For further information on what you should do in the case of illness, please visit:
Updated – August 5, 2020